Compression molding process is a molding method in the […]
Compression molding process is a molding method in the production of composite materials. It is a method in which a certain amount of premix or prepreg is added to a metal mold, and it can also be molded with other materials, and cured by heating and pressure. Mainly used as structural parts, connectors, protective parts and electrical insulation parts. It is widely used in industry, agriculture, transportation, electrical, chemical, construction, machinery and other fields. Because of the reliable quality of molded products, they are also used in weapons, aircraft, missiles, and satellites.
Next, let's talk about its advantages and disadvantages!
(1) The loss of raw materials is small and will not cause too much loss (usually 2% to 5% of the product quality).
(2) The internal stress of the product is very low, and the warpage deformation is also small, and the mechanical properties are relatively stable.
(3) The wear of the mold cavity is small, and the maintenance cost of the mold is low.
(4) The cost of molding equipment is low, and its mold structure is simpler, and its manufacturing cost is usually lower than that of injection molds or transfer molding molds.
(5) Larger flat products can be formed. The size of the product that can be molded by molding is only determined by the clamping force of the existing molding machine and the size of the template.
(6) The shrinkage of the product is small and the repeatability is good.
(7) A mold with a large number of cavities can be placed on a given template, and the productivity is high.
(9) It can be adapted to automatic feeding and automatic removal of products.
(10) High production efficiency, easy to realize specialized and automated production.
(11) The product has high dimensional accuracy and good repeatability.
(12) The surface is smooth and clean without secondary modification.
(13) Products with complex structures can be formed at one time.
(14) Mass production, relatively low price
(1) The molding cycle in the entire manufacturing process is long, the efficiency is low, and the staff is physically exhausted.
(2) It is not suitable for molding complex products with depressions, side slopes or small holes.
(3) In the production process, it is difficult to completely fill the mold, and there are certain technical requirements.
(4) After the curing stage is over, different products have different stiffness, which has an impact on product performance.
(5) For products with high dimensional accuracy requirements (especially for multi-cavity molds), the process is somewhat short.
(6) The flash of the final product is thick, and the workload of removing the flash is large.
(7) The shortcomings of compression molding are complex mold manufacturing, large investment, and limited by the press, it is most suitable for mass production of small and medium composite materials.
Car Bumper SMC Mould
Product Name:Car Bumper SMC Mould
Place of Origin:Zhejiang, China (Mainland)
Product Application:Vehicle Mould
Mould delivery:by sea
Mould design software:UG PROE CATIA SOLIDWORK…